Monday 12 November 2012

Week 65 - Ducts

Hours to date: 636.25

From the below photos it looks like I haven't made much progress this last week - but it's not for lack of hours put in.

I underestimated the amount of time to get the ducts ready for paint by a factor of about 3.

Anyway finally got there at the end of yesterday.

If anything the primer now shows where I still need to do a little work.

As you can see I have the duct plugs sitting away from a block of wood - I put 3 long screws through the wood and then just pushed the ducts onto the screws - easily done through the urethane foam. It makes them much easier to handle for painting.

Hopefully I'll have these ready for laying up by next weekend.

I'm still trying to figure out exactly how to do the flanges - but no doubt they will be made oversize as I can always trim them back to fit afterwards.



Fill, sand, fill again, repeat...

First coats of Primer

No comments:

Post a Comment