The seat is fitting really well now and with the addition of the two plywood blocks either side it doesn't move at all.
Don't worry about being able to get the seat out with them hard up against it - the seat does flex slightly so you are able to remove it after they have set.
I won't be bothering with the plywood blocks behind the seat as I have extended the cell sides (see previous post).
I've also sanded down the plywood blocks at their outside edge so they blend into the surrounding area more. I'll post of pic of these later.
As you will see below the seatbelt hole on the right hand side got obscured by the seat edge - this is a result of the cell not being square. Only thing to do here is build out with micro on the inside and Dremel back where needed.
Onto the baggage tray - as you can see I had to use a lot of micro to fill the edge gaps. This may be as a result of my battery box pushing the tray higher than is normal. I made a 'shelf' underneath on the edges of the tray out of duct tape to stop too much micro going down the sides. This worked out well.
I fitted the tray to the back of the seat using micro too.
To finish off the baggage tray I will add a layer or two of carbon to the edges (top and bottom) where the micro sticks out - to make it more durable - otherwise it will no doubt get chipped in everyday use.
After that I'll fit the tray back in and then make up some support brackets. I'll use the same fixings on the outside as I did for the cell rear cover, the ones that embed themselves into the honeycomb.
Finally there are the thigh supports - which don't really support my thighs but do provide a smooth transition from the edge of the seat and stop any foreign objects from entering the control area below the seat.
They turned out okay - I used 6 layers of glass and am keeping 3M in business with the amount of duct tape I used.
Pete fixes these to the seat but I may fit them to the cell I think - we'll see.
|Plywood blocks fitted to edge of seat to stop sideways movement.|
|Mod to seat with micro so starboard seatbelt hole is open.|
|Duct tape from hell for the thigh supports layup.|
|Duct tape on the seatback where the tray is fitted to it with micro.|
|Tray in place ready for micro - note duct tape 'shelf' underneath to stop micro going down the sides too much.|
|Not too much needed to fit the seat.|
|Baggage tray with micro - I'll layup some carbon over the micro to make it more durable and stronger.|
|Thigh supports - after trimming out - they fit really well and make the seat more comfortable for your legs.|