A quick update.
I had a much better second attempt with the fuel probe, after buying a proper pipe bending tool (which is pretty cheap at under £10). It made the job so much easier.
A slight complication as the metal plate on the back now fouls with the O-ring sealing ridge on the tank. Will have to consult Pete to see how he solved this problem.
I cleaned out all my fuel hoses too. Some with the safety wire and cloth dipped in Acetone technique. The others, with the quick release fittings do not allow this technique so I just poured fuel through them (from one Jerry can to another).
Of course if you are smarter than me you would have done all this before putting the hose fittings on :)
I finally got the hose guides fitted and am happy to report that they work really well.
The fine filter is now mounted and I've only got a few more composite screws to do and things will be pretty much done on the fuse regarding the fuel system.
I've swapped over the wings and will now bring the Port wing up to speed with the same jobs - so I most likely won't do a post for 2 weeks or so while that happens.
|Cloth (dipped in Acetone) on safety wire technique for cleaning hoses.|
|Pipe bending tool - just trying it out here on the wrecked fuel probe.|
|2nd attempt at fuel probe - much better result!|
|Fuel probe end - inner copper wire must be separated from ali tube. Done with plastic 'squares' supplied.|
|Hose guide mounts in place - ready for their P-clips and flared tubes.|
|With P-clips and flared tubes in place - works well.|
|Fuel system overview|
|Fuel flow senders getting sorted with mounts.|
|Swapped the wings over.|