Wednesday 4 April 2012

Week 33 - Wing stand

Finally got the wing stand finished - it took three times as long and cost twice as much as expected. This rule seems to hold true when building a plane (or boat).


Also thought I would put a couple of pics in of the plywood washers that I made for the bell crank. Pete turns a single piece out of Nylon block. I don't have a lathe (or those skills) so I made 2 separate pieces of plywood. All very snug and no movement in the bell cranks now.


I'll hopefully get to swap over the wings and fuselage during this Easter weekend.


Small washer in bearing

Then larger washer on top

Port wing - up to speed

Insulating foam in wing stands before cutting out

Wing stand in progress - one end nearly done

All done - now to see if the wings fit!

Wings fit very snug - no movement

No comments:

Post a Comment