Monday 23 June 2014

Week 151 - Canopy

Hours to date: 1346.5

As you can see below I've made a start on the canopy.

It seems to be going okay so far.

The copious notes and many photos I took seem to be a great help.

The frame does not fit the fuse very well - it needs to be clamped at the sides. Even then there is still a gap at the front and back - so that will have to be sorted out with micro to the fuse.

The frame also has a heap of air bubble cavities in it - again these will need fixing with micro.

On the throttle I found after installation that it was rubbing on my thigh - due to the angle of the cell it was flocked to. This is no good and I was thinking I may have to rip it out and start again. I left it a night then had the thought to just bend the throttle lever outwards a little - so this is what I've done. The brake lever is fine where it is (just as well as that couldn't really be bent as it is double the thickness of the throttle lever). 

Something to bear in mind if you have not installed your throttle yet - perhaps a good idea to allow for this. If I were to do the job again I would build a wedge of flock on the cell first to get the angle better. Wise after the event as usual!

I'm not sure I will do another blog post for a few weeks as I'm off on holiday to India and Sri Lanka next week.

Canopy frame just sitting on fuse - massive gaps.

Loads of cavities to fill on the frame

Fits better with clamps - determining the position of the cut outs for the hinges here

Figuring out where to make the cut outs for the opening mechanism

Packing tape for a release of the hinges on the fuse

Cut outs getting there...

Flocking in the hinges to the frame

Ditto

No comments:

Post a Comment