Sunday 12 August 2012

Week 53 - Tail fin ribs

Hours to date: 473.75

Well Saturday was indeed a nice day so for the first time I opened up the garage door and worked on the inside of the tail.

This job involves bonding in 2 ribs that join the sides of the fin with the tailplane spar tube.

The edges of the spar tube need flock in the gaps - I used a lot of flock here and actually ran out - so was unable to do the second rib.

Lots of faffing about trimming the ribs so they fit square and perfectly in the middle - hours went by just doing this!

I've got some more flock on order so hopefully I'll have this job done later next week - in the meantime I will put body filler in the gaps on the fuse reinforcing I have done so far. And maybe fit the brakes to the axles if I'm in the mood.

Ribs before fitting properly

Gaps above and below spar tube tunnel need filling with flock

One rib done

No comments:

Post a Comment