Sunday 6 September 2020

Tiger Trophy aeros comp

Yesterday I competed in the first official (British Aerobatics run) comp this year.

The Tiger Trophy at Leicester.

It is a difference type of comp with all pilots from all classes competing against one another with one unknown sequence which gets progressively more complex the higher up the class goes.

I screwed up my spin - having not practised a one turn spin ever that I can remember - I am so used to doing 1 and a half spin turns that I did not recover soon enough and over rotated. So a hard zero for me on that one. The other figures flown scored well and had I done the spin right then I would have been right up there in the top 3, as it was I finished 10th from 15 competing.

A good fun day out despite my screw up.

A mate videoed part of my sequence with his phone so this is best viewed on a big screen.

https://youtu.be/6cW4EBSNWm4





No comments:

Post a Comment