Monday 18 May 2015

Week 197 - Engine and prop flange

Hours to date: 1813.5

Not much progress I'm afraid as last weekend I was away in Paris.

I've made the pass-through protection plates for the electrical wires out of stainless. Not the finest bit of metal work you'll ever see but it will work. I trolled the internet for hours to find a ready made one but couldn't find such a thing. I think there is a gap in the market for large diameter hole firewall protection plates.

Good news is that I got around to doing the dreaded prop flange swap over.

I had to put all my weight on and then bounce up and down on it to get the bolt to undo. Same deal when I was doing it up to get the holes to line up.

I may as well stop writing and let the pics do the talking.

Next job is to fit the spinner.

Firesleeve all done on oil hoses.

Stainless steel firewall pass through protection for the electrical wires.

Prop flange holder on so engine does not move when undoing the bolt.

Ali sleeve goes over bolt to stop it moving.

Holes must line up for grub screw

Grub screw in place with Loctite and punch marks so it can't come out.

Other baffle rough cut and in place. Starting to visualise the cowling shape now.

Inlet rings in rough position.

Ditto.


Got to build carbon ducts from inlet ring to baffle - plus a top for the baffles so they become a sealed plenum.

Making up the Ignition wires. Crimp and solder then click and screw slightly into place.

Ignition cables all done.


Reasonably neat routing of the ignition wires - they will be tied off with zip ties eventually.

Rectifier/Regulator cooling hose all done.


May as well get the prop on then!

Crush plate is solid lump of ali.


No comments:

Post a Comment