Tuesday 7 April 2015

Week 191 - Firewall, Fuel senders, Capacitor mount

Hours to date: 1749.5

The firewall is all but done now - except for the Oil/Air separator.

Behind the firewall I've done all the hoses - fuel and oil and made up the fuel hoses partly on the engine side.

The capacitor mount is now done - just got to bond in the composite screw posts that will hold it in place.

I finally got around to completing the fuel senders. The thing that was slowing me down was the confliction with the O-ring channel - I asked Pete about this and he says that he just cuts a thread into the plate for the top two bolts and has them flush on the inside. So that's what I did too. Just have to install and wire up these now - then calibrate when the fuel is in the tanks.

I've started back on some wiring too - the fuel pumps are now wired up.

Hopefully I will get the engine mount and other things back from the welders this week - then they can be painted and I can get the engine back on for good.

In the meantime I am working on the lower fuselage panel - which requires a little bit of fitting. When it is sorted I will put some nut plates on the brackets I bonded on earlier and sort out the nut plates for the oil cooler ducts.

Firewall all but done.

Laying up the capacitor mounting strap.

Fuel senders all done.

Top two bolts are flush to avoid the O-ring channel.

Capacitor mount before trimming. 6 layers of carbon used here.

On the capacitor

I'll be using these little brackets front and back to stop it moving.

Fuel hoses and ground lead from Battery all done.

Fuel pumps all wired up.

No comments:

Post a Comment