Tuesday 21 October 2014

Week 167 - Cockpit paint

Hours to date: 1498.5

Only another 1.5 hours to 1500!!!!!!

I'm nowhere near finishing - so my initial time estimate has gone out the window. In all honesty we are looking at another 800 hours and 1.5 years to first flight I think.

I've attached the canopy securing cable and all seems well. I'm not super confident that the attachment eye hooks are secure enough. I may have a chat to Pete and see what he thinks.

As far as position goes though I think it's pretty good - the cable naturally sits back behind the seat when the canopy is closed.

I've added a layer of glass to the front wing pin bearings micro area so that's all done now.

It was too windy to get the wings out on the weekend so I spent the time prepping the cockpit for painting.

Last night I spent 3 hours putting the first coat on.

One more coat to go - looking good so far.

Canopy securing cable in place

Canopy fully open - over centered nicely so shouldn't blow over in a gust of wind.

Closed position - with seat in the cable goes behind it.

Front wing pin bearing micro area now covered with a layer of glass

First coat of paint on (mostly!)

Looking forward



No comments:

Post a Comment