Tuesday 4 June 2013

Week 94 - Battery box and Elevator push rod guide mounts

Hours to date: 950.5

The battery box is getting there.

Next up will be the lid.

I've decided the webbing strap is overkill as there will be at least 4 bolts holding the lid on. Plus the baggage shelf will be bolted to the cell and will be hard down on the lid - so that is the backup.

On the control stick I've fitted the trim lever. With the Infinity stick grip there are brass threaded fittings inside for joining the two halves and the lower one of these is ideal for fitting the trim lever. It's what Pete does - so I am just following his lead on this one.

The other thing I've done with the stick is to blank off the trigger hole with the trigger itself. I just filed down the edges until it fitted inside the space and superglued one side down.

Onto the elevator push rod guide mounts.

Pete has loaned me a mould for the rear one as the cell is curved here. There is no way the guide could be mounted perpendicular if you just used the edge of the cell as stated in the manual.

I used 5 layers of carbon for this part and pre drilled the hole and grooves for the nylon rollers before installing with flock.

The front guide is an easier piece to work with. Just got to make sure it is mounted at 90 degrees to the bottom of the cell that's all.

Hopefully by next week I should have the battery lid completed. Then I hope to move back onto the tail as the weather has picked up here now and it is good to open the garage door (which I need to do to work on the tail).

2 more layers of carbon on the top

Battery will sit like this - dots indicate where the terminals will be.

Mould Pete lent me for the rear of the cell

Stick grip with Trim installed and trigger modified.

Rear guide mount made ready for bearing to be mounted

Front guide flocked in place

Rear guide flocked in place. Just got to drill out the cell now.

No comments:

Post a Comment