Wednesday 2 January 2013

Pete's 3rd Twister

As promised here are some photos of Pete's Twisters - from the day I spent up there recently.

My proposed cowl inlet ring offered up to Pete's inlet - not too much difference here

Red lines indicate how my cowl will be shaped (open at the back on the sides)

Cowl exit - I think he's missing a trick with all that bodywork forward of the red line (the firewall) - it's not doing anything aerodynamically - but it is restricting his exit volume by quite a lot.

Safety stays for the wing pins - a nice idea - I will be doing the same.

Cavity for cockpit ventilation - again I will be doing the same.

NACA duct with hose in the end - leading to air vent cavity.

Pete and his 'bomb' - ferry drop tank. 25 litres capacity

Pete says it took him 300 hours to build this...

Fuel pump and auto electric and fuel connections. Tank can take Smoke oil too.



No comments:

Post a Comment