Sunday 24 June 2012

Week 46 - Spar tunnel reinforce part 2

Hours to date: 418.75


Didn't get anything done during the week as I was very busy at work - late nights every evening.


Managed to get the Starboard outer and inner spar tunnel reinforcing done this weekend though.


Also after speaking to Pete he has recommended I put a strip of carbon over the wooden seat belt block. He said that he was very welcome of that extra strength during his crash with the first Twister.


Accident report here if you are interested in what happened.


http://www.aaib.gov.uk/publications/bulletins/november_2005/silence_twister__g_twst.cfm


Hopefully I can get the rest of the underside of the spar tunnel reinforced this week. Next weekend is busy for me as I am going to the Goodwood Festival of Speed - nice to have a break now and then.


Starboard outer and more carbon on seat belt block

Inside of Starboard wing root to Spar tunnel



No comments:

Post a Comment