Tuesday 17 January 2012

Week 22 - Aileron horns and leading edge reinforcing

Hours to date: 237.5


Back in the groove now. 


Latest work has been on the Aileron horns which need reinforcing on each side with a carbon washer. Pete said this should be included in the kit but they were not in mine so to save time I made some out of the scrap Carbon sheet using the trusty 30mm hole saw. The 6mm bore then needed drilling out to 8mm to accept the Plastic bearings which push fit in each side.


Now I have resin again I was also able to complete the leading edge reinforce on the Starboard wing.


I also did something embarrassingly stupid with one of the bearings for the bell crank and wrecked it in the process. So it looks like I will have to remove it and put a new one in. Joy.


Strengthening on Aileron horn with Carbon washers
Starboard wing Leading Edge reinforce

Got some more fitting to do here as the pushrod still touches



No comments:

Post a Comment