Monday 15 August 2011

Training Day

Not quite the Ethan Hawke/Denzel relationship but last Thursday was my 'Training Day' with Pete.

I spent a good deal of it peeling off the Peel Ply from the fuselage and sanding down the ridge at the joins. This is prior to reinforcing the seams with fiberglass 'tape'. Peel ply is a non-adhering tape that when removed leaves the surface in a prepared state for further bonding.

After that I bonded some fiberglass 'tape' on the tailplanes. All in all a good day and I learned loads.

Removing the Peel Ply on the fin

Sanding down the leading edge of a tailplane

Don't do what I did - sand too much and go through to the honeycomb!

Leading edge reinforced with fiberglass tape (and honeycomb fixed)

Finished with a layer of peel ply (red stripes).

No comments:

Post a Comment