Wednesday 22 June 2011

Panel layout

This is version one, I'm sure there will be many more...

























It's a slightly different shape from standard - the knee cutouts are a little higher and the central part is wider at the top to accommodate my long legs and the width of the GPS.

The Dynon EFIS is the heart of this panel replacing lots of engine gauges as well as the traditional flight instruments. It cuts down on pilot workload by monitoring lots of parameters and giving an audible alarm and displaying a warning when something goes out of 'green'.

The 3 'steam' gauges are the ASI, Altimeter and Compass which are required by law in the UK as a backup.

I know it's early days to be thinking about the panel but I still have a month to kill till I go pick up the kit so I'm reading the manual again and thinking about this layout before I have to start buying the expensive stuff that's going to go in it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andy, I quite like this layout, clean and simple. Glass definitely tidies the look of a panel.

    I do however like the idea of mounting the flap knob near the throttle, like Pete's Hotas setup. I thought that was kind of neat.

    I heard that my kit is on the dock, should be hear during Feb. God knows when I'll get the time to build it!

    Love the recent posts with pictures. Any chance of a you tube vid of a seam being laminated for us Nubes?

    Regards
    Krishna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    The panel will change slightly from this - the master switch will be moved to a central position and caged so it can not be bumped off in flight. The UL engine needs electrical power to run, being fuel injected.

    Will have to have another look at Pete's setup when I am next up there. He also has changed the brakes so they are toe operated and has a vernier type throttle.

    Good news about your kit - you must be excited. Now you have to change your lifestyle so you make time to do your kit! (it's only for a couple of years!).

    Shame I didn't read this before now - I just did the leading edge of the Port wing today. Will see about making a video for you when I do the Starboard wing - how does that sound?

    Bye for now
    Andy

    ReplyDelete