Late last year I decided I'd taken Aresti aerobatic competition as far as was practical in the Twister.
Time for a new challenge - display flying.
I started the process late into the season but was thankfully able to get my DA in time to be part of our 'Spitfire Special' airshow. The Twisters elliptical wings hopefully being enough of a link to the Spitty to qualify it as part of the show.
For this first season it was agreed to just do Non-Aerobatic 'flypast' type displays with my DAE (Display Authorisation Evaluator). This seems sensible to me as there is a lot to learn with this new discipline of display flying without having to put on a full on aeros routine as well.
The display went exactly to plan and as I had practised it.
My second display was at the end of August at Little Gransden which also went well despite the strong on-crowd wind.
During the winter my 'Tyro' status will end and I can then start to develop a full aerobatic routine for next season. I'm also in the process of making an oil smoke tank which I will document and share once I've got it up and running.
Below is a link to a video of the first display.
https://youtu.be/lIIo4z1OTZs?si=iyCK-xeB-kjqUBsz


No comments:
Post a Comment