Saturday 25 March 2017

Visit to a fellow Twisterer

On Friday I flew down to see Tim Dews, who is based at a small strip in Wiltshire.

Tim bought Adrian Hatton's old Twister and is building another one too.

After quite a bit of chat we went for a fly together and it was my first time in formation with another Twister - great to see one in the air and Tim was throwing it around too. Demonstrating an avalance (flick roll at the top of a loop) which looks like a fun manouver to try out.


All the control gaps have been sealed in glider like fashion.

I noticed a huge amount of aileron trim on Tim's Twister. Since my aileron bearings have loosened up I now have virtually no trim at all on my ailerons.

Tim's panel has changed a bit since Adrian owned it.

Tim talks me through the panel.

Progress so far on his Twister. I can say for sure he is making a really professional job of it.
Beautiful work!

The trailer for his Twister (yet to be fitted out) is in the background.

A nice scenic flight back home. This is the White Horse near Westbury.



No comments:

Post a Comment