Monday 28 December 2015

Week 229 - Cowling Part 6

Hours to date: 2164.75

Cracking on with the mold until I ran out of resin! Got some more on order but it may not get delivered for a few days. 

I'm using the time to work on my motorbike.

So far I've got the gelcoat on and one layer of light weight chopped strand mat, followed by 2 layers of thick chopped strand mat.

Another 3 thick layers and it will be done.

All I have to do then is add some plywood supporting braces - which will be glued in place using the chopped strand mat and resin - and the top mold will be done.

PVA release when dry - shrinks to form a smooth surface.

Gelcoat was clear so to make life easier when spotting mistakes a pigment was added - Tangerine of course!

Agent Orange. Brushed on thick gelcoat that forms the inner surface of the mold.

After 1 thin and 2 thick layers of chopped strand mat. Another 3 thick layers to go.

Not a Twister! My Benelli Tornado 900. New stubby carbon muffler fitted - going to be very loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment