Thursday 6 September 2012

Twister with UL260

I came across this YouTube video of a new Twister with a UL260i engine.

It is the standard 95hp version rather than the SA aerobatic 107hp version - by the looks of the red rocker covers.

Also it looks like they have modified the firewall position - moving it rearwards to give more space behind the engine for the install.

http://youtu.be/bDinUmoCdWs?hd=1&t=52s

It's also got the Dynon D180 FlightDek installed - which I intend to use too. Interesting to see their numbers on the engine. There is another video which is shorter with the top cowling on.

Later on in the video the cameraman does a walk round - and I see that the lower cowling has an intake just below the spinner - I am guessing this is an inlet for the oil cooler which must be ducted - at least I hope so otherwise they are introducing high pressure air into the low pressure part of the cowl which would reduce it's efficiency.

I've been unable to find out any more info or still photos of it - although I am pretty sure it is in Lithuania.


1 comment:

  1. Check this, a Twister on google map...

    Last week had friends that went to visit Peter and, in order to see where he lives, I found this:

    http://goo.gl/maps/5q4RW

    Ciao!

    ReplyDelete